Monday, July 09, 2007

Guest Post: Paula Takes the Kids To Grandma's (Read this, it's funny!)

EDITOR'S NOTE: Paula took the kids out to her parents' house for dinner. This is her report from the evening:


I'm gonna call the Policeman!

Today I schlepped the kids to Danville to see my great grandparents (who now live with my parents).

For some reason I was very sleepy upon arrival, and I sat down in my mom's kitchen and didn't move. Grandma had Oprah on very loud even though she was sitting less than four feet from the TV.

So, I couldn't hear my son's shenanigans very well. I guess he was jumping on the couch and bothering my grandfather, who is 97. Finally someone turned down the TV and I heard grandpa screaming "Hey Jumping Jack! Stop jumping on the couch or I will call the policeman!"

Owen burped loudly at dinner, and my mother cracked up so hard I thought she would piss herself. Later on we all laid on the hammock outside and my mother cut the loudest and longest fart I think I have ever heard. Owen laughed so hard I thought he would pee.

Owen tried to bug grandpa after dinner as he tried to sleep on the couch, and grandpa yelled at me to "cut him down, before he hurts himself!" Grandpa is pretty deaf, so we have to practically scream in his ear to communicate with him, and I noticed Owen leaning over Grandpa's head.

"Why don't you go and FAAAAARRRRRRRTTTTT!" he yelled right into Grandpa's ear.

Then I packed up the kids and drove them home.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Crackpot Press said...

That's more brilliant than the Family Circus.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Pursey Tuttweiler said...

Too funny. So Danville only has one policeman?

2:08 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Travel Betty said...

Charming.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{Pretty funny. I'll bet your gggrandparents blog is funnier than yours though....; )

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, brudda, I finally memed my meme. I hope you're happy, man. Kelly

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home