Monday, August 22, 2005

Kinky Friedman: A Texas Governor That Will Rarely Embarrass

Kinky Friedman, friend to dogs, Willie Nelson, and both the Ashkanzi and Sephardim populations of Texas, is running for Governor of that particular state. This is a good thing.

Now, aside for his affinity for dogs, tax-evading stoners and Jews, what can we say about Kinky Friedman?

Richard 'Kinky' Friedman is humorist, performer, mystery writer and Texas Monthly columnist. He's a western singer-songwriter of the same generation and spirit as Willie Nelson, Townes Van Zandt, Kris Kristopherssen, and David Allen Coe. In other words, he's a badass, a man who can live without a blowdrier. He is the orniest Jew in Texas, and he's running as an independent.

He is not another George Bush, or that other doofus they've got now. He's a pragmatic libertarian, like Jesse "Body" Ventura (who turned out to be a pretty good governor).

He's also for modernizing Texas economy by weening it off of oil. A not idiotic idea.

He'd also be a thumb in the eye for both parties, so how can that be a bad thing?

I'm in California, so I can't vote. But from my visitor stats, I know some of you bastards come from Texas way. What have you got to lose? You can check out his site here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Texas has nothing to lose voting for Kinky! I pray we get to see Kinky debate Caroynl-Keeton-Stayhorn-Twenty-Names, one "tough grandma" and mother of Scott McClellan. A debate between Kinky and Hairspray Perry would be a mini-series that would knock the pants off of the old show, Dallas.

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm encouraged to see that you may actually be a Libertarian, or at least have leanings in that direction. I knew you were sharp, so I was hoping you weren't just another sandal wearer. Oh, and Moxie couldn't take it, so my last response to you was deleted. It's no longer relevant however.

Mike
Fair & Balanced

9:30 PM  
Blogger Greg Mills said...

Mike --

I guess I could be called a libertarian, though the LP is a car wreck. I am a man with no party.

I'm a Karl Popper dude, with some light Hayek.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home