Sunday, December 03, 2006

You ever get sick of yourself?

Now, I'm not listening to Bela Lagosi's Dead on a loop or anything. I'm my usual sassy and pretenaturally sexy self, I'm just... bored. I guess what caused it I was looking over the archives here on the blog and old projects elsewhere, and golly, I'm in some kind of a slump. I haven't been able to crank out the weird crap lately, and that always freaks me out.

Also, I'm getting annoyed with the job, the inane hoops you have to jump through to create anything halfway interesting. (That's an industry condition, like lacking wings is part of the human condition). It also doesn't help that I just read a brilliantly written book called "George and Sam" (great, unsentimental memoir of a single mom with two autistic sons), and it always sort of bums me out to read the writing of a particularly resourceful writer.

We also had a Seinfeldian cancer scare last week. Paula told me a little too much vague information about a recent illness and I somehow conflated it into a possible emergency hysterectomy (for her, not me). She had a test on Thursday and I spent the night listening to everyone in the family breathe in the dark while I stared at the ceiling, wondering if I should take a year off from work to deal with being a widower and single father. Um, looks like the plan was premature. Seems Paula was dealing with something that most women deal with once a month (I never knew!), and that had affected a previous test.

So next week, there'll be an ultrasound just to be on the safe side. Jesus.

And Christmas... the cheer is just not fucking there, people. It's just wicked cold out and I'm a fat bastard.

A brightspot is a possible lunch with blogfriend Kim sometime during the 12 days of Xmas, and gorging on The Wire on HBO. (If Dickens wrote a novel about the Baltimore heroin trade, it would read something like The Wire.)

Anyway, that's me. Anyone have any Magic Mushrooms, you know, just to blow the shit out of my head?

Email me directly. Will be discreet.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger @DJNoRequest said...

i too am in deep need of having my third eye squeegeed.
let me know if you reach success in your quest.

GD

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god I'm not the only one questioning the mediocrity of my existence...not that I think you're mediocre Greg.

THIS is the reason for French existentialism....and Gitanes.

G.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking SF, but I'm conversant with BART if you prefer Berkeley. We can share tales of non-inspiration, non-imagination, and general ennui and malaise over a coffee type beverage and some trendy food item found only in the Bay Area.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus, you're worse than me. Leave her uterus alone. You don't know what you're doing there!!!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Greg Mills said...

G. and Spanish -- Maybe it's male menopause. I've been having hot flashes lately, and my ovaries hurt.

Kim -- Let's really get down to the nitty gritty with this shit and talk about department store circulars, you know, really get boring. Let's do it in SF.

Dead Girl -- I only recently learned what that u-thing is. My wife explained with a see-through lady parts teaching aid made of lucite.

6:41 PM  
Blogger @DJNoRequest said...

i think those ovaries are probably a lil bit cranky with those titanium clips pressed upon them so.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're meeting Kim and Kim's meeting you! Very jealous.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Mammacita said...

I'm not bored with you. When my damn cha cha heals up we're going to have some more fun. And watch The Wire on demand. Yeeeeeha!


Dead girl, I have strep ass again! The little one is potty training and he craps and slides off the toilet. I think I am sitting in invisible feces particles. This is the third time in less than six months. I called our architect, I need my own toilet, we need to add on to our matchbox of a house.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD! Strep ass! Reason #54293484850238439204839082 I am not procreating (I doubt I'd even make it through pregnancy, let alone labor!) You're my hero.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home