Sunday, August 27, 2006

I don't know the answer.

Three guys are sharing a hotel room that cost $30 a night.

After they check in, the manager of the hotel decides $30 is too much and lowers the roomrate to $25.

The bell hop is given the task of bring the men the $5 difference. However, being an enterprising man of little scruples, (and he can't figure out a way of breaking a fiver three ways) he keeps $2 and gives $1 to each of the men in room.

So the now the room cost each man $9. 9x3=27, plus the $2 the bellhop kept = $29. What happened to the extra dollar?

And no, I'm not high.

Going to LA tomorrow, will ask the concierge. Will also be stocking up on Immodium. Takes some of the annoyance about LA.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger kimananda said...

Do you really want the answer? I think you embezzled the extra dollar to help defray the cost of the immodium. You can tell us, we (probably) won't turn you in.

3:48 AM  
Blogger anakabah said...

This is the first question my lecturer asked us on the first day of Accounting 101.

I think some geeky dude got the answer right.

It's just the question of plus/minus, I think. I didn't remember, I fell asleep.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Greg Mills said...

K -- The cost of Immodium is a cost I will gladly pay out of pocket if it means avoid a trip to a dainty LA bathroom.

M -- Need answers, not excuses. I need you to get on this shit.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The room costs $27 *including* the money the bellhop took ($25, the reduced price, plus $2, the bellhop 'tax'). So if you add the $3 he gave back it still adds up to $30. So there isn't a missing dollar.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Idaho!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home