Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ruby: The Experiments Continue

Ruby: Can you get me an applesauce?

Me: Can't you get your own applesauce?

Ruby: Well there might be monsters in the backyard.

Me: Have you ever seen a monster?

Ruby: No, but there might be monsters you've never seen before.

Me: Well, THERE MIGHT BE GIANT CHOCOLATE PENGUINS OUT THERE, LOOKING FOR LITTLE GIRLS TO EAT THEM! You... just...don't...know...DO YOU? (JABBING THE AIR WITH FINGER ON THE BEAT)

Ruby: What are you talking about? Just get me some applesauce, please.

Me: Well, you'll be sorry if I comeback covered in penguin chocolate.

Ruby: I don't think that's going to happen.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger x said...

i'd love to open the fridge and find a giant chocolate penguin smiling back at me.
THAT IS NOT A MONSTER GREG!

10:15 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

That Ruby is remarkable.

7:01 AM  
Blogger @DJNoRequest said...

youre losing a battle of logic with a 5 yeaar old...glad i'm not the only one.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

It reminds me of that dialogue from the Simpsons:

Psychologist: Mr.Simpson, I think you should try reverse psychology on Bart.

Homer: I will not use reverse psychology on my son!

Psychologist: Fine, then don't.

Homer: Fine! I will!

That kid is some smart---has she ever entertained getting into lobbying for big tobacco?

G.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home