Monday, June 11, 2007

Technology, family conspire to kill me.

Wife sent me out Sunday morning to buy my Father's Day/b-day gift. Yes, I got up early Sunday morning to line up in front of the noisome local Target with 14 nerds to pick up a brand new Wii, of which the store had fifteen. For Father's Day. While my wife and children are in bed.

Anyway, I buy the game, get home, set it up... I'm the only one interested in it.

I start playing tennis (the Wii's controler is a hand held number that responds to your body movements) and end up having a blast. I play for an hour, work up a sweat, have fun.

Later that day I take the boxing game for a spin...and completely fuck up my neck. My head is now at an angle similiar to that of a dog encountering a wind-up toy. I have sympathetic pain in my shoulders and upper back, and basically want to die.

Thanks, family. Thanks, nintendo.

Jeez.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger @DJNoRequest said...

Being the only currently financially compensated worker in the family, I will get the benefit of paying for my own gift this Sunday - that said I will NOT be picking the Wii as my first choice. I already have an arthritic neck to begin with, so thanks for the warning.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

Wii induced injuries; somewhere a chiropractor is rubbing his hands together and drooling.

G.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home