Thursday, October 05, 2006

My wife is good. I have a good wife.

My wife Paula is one of the funniest people I know. We laugh a lot, mostly about stupid stuff that no one else (or at least very few people) would find remotely funny.

She has a blog, heretofore super secret, wear she writes about her travails as a professional woman and mom. It's a funny site, but it deals with some personal stuff, so I'll wait until she gives me the go ahead to share the URL with my massive audience of seven regular visitors.

I will, however, re-post one of her posts here, because it made me laugh. It also makes me look good, which helps.

Nerd-babes

Since I am relatively caught-up with deadlines and have told most of my clients I will be out of the office today and tommorrow (which is true, I have to get my butt in gear and get in the shower because I have a meeting at CI offices soon) I decided to fool with the podcasting thing for a bit this morning.

I was driving home from dropping the kids off this morning, and I was listening to the CD Greg made me (it's great, please make more!) and my mind drifted off to Zach Galifianakis:





who is my latest celebrity crush. Which is amusing, because he has terrible personal hygiene and is overweight. But it just proves the point that *funny* rules. Funny is the new sexy. I thought about doing yet another blog (Geez, that would make 5 total) that we could call "Nerd-babes". The gal pals and I could post pictures of these nerd-babes and gush about them.

Here is a picture of another "hot" comedian that I'm am digging these days:




And why is he so hot, you ask? Because he has memorized every line from the movie Jaws, that's why! Hot!

To all you guys out there that think women love studly-manly-men, listen to this mp3 that proves that it is not true. Notice no one says "a muscular guy" or "good body" or even classic good looks for that matter.

Funny and smart rocks our world. Which is exactly why I am the luckiest woman in the world. This is who I am married to.

Sherri told me the other day that it's laugh-a-minute at our house. It's true. The other day I was reading a story to the kids and Greg was making tiny sound effects and comments that the kids didn't hear, but made me almost piss my pants. This morning I said he smelled good (deodorant) and he oh-so-cleverly replied "It's L'air Du Temps".

**

PS -- My wife also has a public blog, Discount Army. It's about web discounts, sales in the Bay Area, and other girlie stuff.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

Nice...does this post constitute a blog "remix"?

G.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Greg Mills said...

More of a mash-up, I'd say.
Or laziness on my part.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Funny and smart... exactly! Can you find me one of those up here?? Greg, do you have a brother (cousin, uncle) who'd be willing to move to Canada? I cook... well... vegetarian... never mind that. But... I am a great audience!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

Donna, just for the record there are funny and smart men in Canada, we just live on the east coast. Ok, wait...maybe I'm not that funny...or even that smart for that matter, but I do live on the east coast.

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very sweet...I may have to trade my guy for a blogger who will write sweet things about me in public...or should I be thinking about how I'm with a funny smart guy? I will ponder this one and get back to you....

1:33 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That is really sweet. Your wife is spot on - funny is totally sexy.

4:12 AM  
Blogger x said...

your wife needs to have a weekly -at least- post on your blog.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home