Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Backpack Strap Tipping Point

In the early part of my high school career, people wore their backpacks using only one strap, with a slow rolling gait. It was all about cool detachment, a Northern Californian’s idea of Southern California.
Then Dave Fraholi started duel-strapping and all hell broke loose. A renaissance of backpack expression, duel-straps, single straps and, in the case of Al, TWO BACKPACKS. (Granted, one was given over entirely to Al’s blueprints of his Dome-ed City).
So here’s to Dave Fraholi: backpack Prometheus!

3 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

I am so out of it. Can you believe I still carry my backpack with one strap?! I feel so old.

6:56 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

I also carry my backpack by one strap. I'm waiting for it to become retro.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the triple strap? The one that goes across the chest? Triple-strapping is hot right now!! I have observed.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home