Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rip Taylor attacks Norman Mailer with a hammer

Unless you have had a spectacularly trying day, this clip promises to be the most disturbing thing you'll see today. It's not gross or bloody or anything. Just very, very odd.

Norman Mailer wrote and "starred" in a "film" called MAIDSTONE in the late sixties. He had the lead role of a successful film director considering running for president. Rip Torn played an assassin task with killing the director.

Rip Torn apparently tasked himself with killing the director of Maidstone and here we see him attacking a shirtless Norman Mailer with a hammer. Norman Mailer bites his ear. I love how they still manage to call each other "daddy" and "baby" throughout the altercation. Hipsters in a hobbesian state.

I hope that if you and I ever get down to it, we have the self-possession of these chaps to acknowledge each other coolness.



(Ripped off from Panoptist.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Anh said...

Somebody is addicted to YouTube :-)

8:55 PM  
Blogger i'm marion said...

Uh-huh, disturbing indeed. Loved the "I HAD to do it!" at the end.

1:11 AM  
Blogger How I Died Today said...

That made me queasy. I love the hysterical woman and the background sounds of crying children.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty country, is that a silver maple?

I kept waiting for them to, kiss and have sex.

Strangely erotic

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home